Manage episode 295530690 series 2548294
Moe Abbas is Co-Founder and CEO of Acadium, an apprenticeship marketplace on a mission to accelerate economic mobility by making access to a new career accessible to anyone with an internet connection. Acadium started with the belief that anyone, anywhere, should be able to get the skills and experience they need to start their career without barriers like price, schedule, or location getting in their way.
Acadium has raised $1M from top angel investors, and it has launched more careers in digital marketing than any other platform to date. The company has been featured in Forbes as one of the leading companies building the bridge to remote employment. And the best part, it is completely free for the students and apprentices.
Moe went from a poor, refugee family and selling chocolate bar at 10 years old to help support his family, to founding or co-founding over a dozen startups which over the last 10 years have employed thousands, in industries ranging from real estate, construction, web development, marketing and mobile applications. In his early 20's he was Co-Founder of Ottawa General Contractors which In 5 years, he led the group from doing deals in a Starbucks into Canada’s leading residential design build company with 20 million in sales and design centers across the country.
Full show notes and worksheets can be found here: evolvethe.world/episodes/62
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- Why an apprenticeship is more effective at creating careers than traditional higher education
- How one Acadium apprentice switched careers and doubled her income in 3 months for free
- A scrappy funnel growth hack validate your marketplace idea
- Why supply and demand liquidity is important when building a two-sided marketplace
- How to determine a revenue model for your startup
- How to decide between horizontal and vertical growth in your business