Manage episode 285772624 series 2363034
Welcome to episode 201 of F-Stop Collaborate and Listen!
This week I was joined by the photographer who recently won the 2020 Photograph of the Year from ILPOTY - Kai Hornung. Kai is a German photographer who has recently burst onto the scene having just began his pursuits in 2016. What he has been able to accomplish in such a short amount of time is nothing short of impressive.
Kai and I covered some very interesting topics this week, including:
- Kai's journey into landscape photography,
- Winning the Photograph of the Year Award,
- Why we enter photography competitions,
- The inherent flaws in existing competitions,
- His methods of personal expression in photography,
- Transitioning to more "intimate" photography from epic grand scenics,
- Nature First Photography,
- And lots more!
Other items mentioned on the show:
Support the show on Patreon.
Who Kai recommended for the podcast this week:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.