Manage episode 232545322 series 2419713
While mild hearing loss can be a side effect of aging, often people suffer hearing loss from working in loud environments. Military service can be a loud environment. There are many avoidable environmental factors that can help avoid hearing damage if you have an awareness of them. Your ability to hear is important and it can be debilitating to suffer the loss of your hearing.
Today, Product Liability Attorney Clay Hodges talks how to avoid noise induced hearing loss (NIHL) and the litigation emerging from defective earplugs used in the military and armed forces. To hear more about the impact of noise induced hearing loss and the cases involving dual-ended combat arms earplugs, tune in to this episode of Failed Hips and Harmed Drugs.
- What is hearing damage and what can cause it
- Some of the ways noise induced hearing loss restricts people
- How tinnitus affects people’s daily lives
- Complete hearing loss caused by loud workplace noises
- The psychological effects of hearing damage
- Litigation emerging involving the military suffering hearing loss due to defective earplugs
- The testing on the 3M earplugs was not adequate
- Different cases being filed in this earplug litigation
To contact Clay for questions regarding failed medical devices or defective drugs: 919-546-8788