Manage episode 282866320 series 2825257
That difficult question:
How to Fund an Independent Film?
The truth is, there are many routes and here we discuss some of the biggest ones with Jeffrey A. Brown - independent filmmaker of The Beach House (2019/II), distributed by AMC Network's Shudder.
Just a few things you could consider for raising capital to fund your indie movie:
• Create a pitch deck
• Pitch to studios from a film treatment, synopsis or film script
• Approach independent financiers with your pitch at any stage of the filmmaking process
• Try crowdfunding using JustGiving, GoFundMe, IndieGoGo, Kickstarter or any of the other fantastic platforms out there
• Self-fund or partially self-fund using your own savings
• You could create a proof of concept and use it as a visual pitch for studios, independent financiers and/or crowdfunding
•Enter film festivals with your proof of concept and network while there
• Collaborate with other producers to bring together the capital, labour or equipment you need to make your movie.
There really are just so many options. We hope you enjoy hearing how Jeffrey A. Brown got his film, The Beach House (2019/II), funded and the financing routes he explored. Most of all, we hope his filmmaking journey gives you some ideas and inspiration that can be applied practically.
Jeffrey A. Brown is an NYU Film School graduate who gained 50+ credits on well-established film sets before embarking on his feature film debut. After gaining experience, he is truly going from success to success with his independent filmmaking career, as his film takes cinemas and OTT distribution platforms by storm.
THE BEACH HOUSE LOGLINE:
'A romantic getaway for two troubled college sweethearts turns into a struggle for survival when unexpected guests - and the surrounding environment - exhibit signs of a mysterious infection.'
Presenter: Aiysha Jebali
Video Editor: Francesco Furlan
Podcast: Ivan d'Avoine
Visual Effects: Richard Williams
Stills and trailer footage courtesy of Katrina Wan PR
Connect with us!