Manage episode 273828750 series 2801592
Today we are discussing the topic of Dysphoric Milk Ejection Reflex (D-MER). I interviewed Sara Muender, host of the Motivation for Moms Podcast, about her experience with D-MER.
The goal of today's show is to share about Sara's experience with D-MER and to educate breastfeeding people about this lesser-known topic.
Sara Muender is mom to three, the host of the Motivation For Moms podcast, and creator of The Mama Miracle. Her no B.S. approach to personal development helps moms break through the challenges and limitations of motherhood that they THINK hold them back from reaching their goals, living their best life, and fully stepping into their divinely anointed role as mom, queen of their tribe, and leader in their family.
In the episode today we discuss:
- D-MER: has one common characteristic - a wave of negative or even devastating emotion just prior to letdown...The breastfeeding mother experiences this surge of negative emotions about 30-90 seconds prior to her milk release when breastfeeding, pumping or with spontaneous MER. (D-MER.org)
- Sara explains her experience as being a very severe feeling of dread, anxiety and panic whenever she experiences a let down
- How Sara came up with the Mama Miracle Worksheet
- After hitting rock bottom of mom life
- Helped her get control back in her household
- Fed is best!
- Moms love talking about their birth stories: birth is the most common miracle on earth!
- D-Mer Support Facebook Group
- BAA: Breastfeeding Aversion and Agitation: BAA or ‘aversion’ is a phenomenon that some breastfeeding mothers experience, which includes having particular negative feelings, often coupled with intrusive thoughts when an infant is latched and suckling at the breast (Kellymom.com)
- Forceful Let-Down
- Sara's Planner Makeover Course
My favorite things that Sara mentioned today:
- What can I learn from this challenge that I'm facing right now?
- Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional!
Get the life-changing worksheet, The Mama Miracle, for FREE at www.themamamiracle.com
Send Sara a DM on Instagram and let her know that you heard her on the Finding Your Village podcast with Amanda Gorman! www.instagram.com/saramuender
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/findingyourvillagepod?fan_landing=true)