Manage episode 278329957 series 2801592
Welcome to Season Two of the Finding Your Village Podcast!!
I am so thankful to Samantha Ecker, who is our guest for today’s show, which is about how you can encourage your child’s speech and language development. Samantha is a speech-language pathologist and a mom of three. She is the creator of Toddler Talking Tips and she believes that, with a little guidance, parents are capable of making a huge difference in how their toddlers communicate.
In today’s episode we discuss:
Samantha’s experience as a mom with her children’s speech development
- First child delayed with gross motor but ahead with language skills
- Second child delayed with language, ahead with motor
Key principles all parents should know about language development:
- Input-Output Principle: the more language they hear, the more they learn
- Low-Pressure Principle: fewer questions and quizzing
- Primary Skills Principle: there’s a hierarchy to language learning
- Back Up Principle: meet your child where they are, build on strengths
Early Intervention programs
Ways to learn from Samantha:
- Language Milestones Handbook: www.toddlertalkingtips.com/milestones
- How to Avoid Communication-Related Tantrums: www.toddlertalkingtips.com/tantrums
The W.A.N.T. IT Way Course*: Teaches parents how to help their toddlers communicate without frustration: https://learn.toddlertalkingtips.com/courses/wantitway
- Non-Verbal Communication
*Use code: VILLAGEPOD to get $30 off the W.A.N.T. IT Way Course!
How to get in touch with Samantha:
- Instagram: @ToddlerTalkingTips
- Facebook: @ToddlerTalkingTips
- Facebook Group: MyTalkingToddler
Thank you so much for listening!
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/findingyourvillagepod?fan_landing=true)