Manage episode 273643799 series 2493110
Okay, we all know it's important to get a good night's sleep, switch off, clarify your vision, and deal with stress.
But like most things in life - these things are much easier said than done.
The best part of my conversation today with my good friend, Warren James is the pragmatic approach is takes to all of this important life and work stuff (including development our careers and preparing for the dreaded annual performance review!).
Warren is a Brisbane-based coach and mentor providing online mentoring, coaching and training to some of Australia’s most talented graduates and employees early in their careers.
He also released his first book this week called: Further Faster: The ultimate guide to accelerating your career.
Warren has developed his career from the ground-up and has worked with some of the most respected businesses in the industry including BG Group, Shell, QGC, Alinta and Arrow Energy.
As an engineer and later, a project manager, he has faced and overcame challenges that many projects managers face. He has managed projects in excess of $50M, overcome competing deadlines and overcome adversity time and time again.
Having lived and breathed this industry for more than 10 years, he understands what today’s graduates need to not only survive but thrive.
Today, as the founder of Rapid Mentoring, he partners with businesses across Australia who are genuinely interested in the development of their staff.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to handle stress, that feeling of overwhelm and exhaustion from work
- How to get started writing a book
- How personal life, career goals, bucket list and finances are important in accelerating your career
- Creating balance by planning ahead and creating a vision of what you actually want
- Switching off, sleeping better
- Accelerating your career during Covid
- Click here for show notes
- Join our community of facilitators on our free Facebook group called The Flipchart
- Get on the waitlist for Virtually Possible 2.0
Support the show (https://buymeacoffee.com/leannehughes)