Manage episode 290817250 series 2493110
My guest today threw a crazy stat at me in this conversation: 99% of employees want feedback, however 75% of managers don’t like giving feedback.
I feel like if you could talk about some of the challenges that are faced in organisations today, you could relate it back to this one statistic.
Toady we’re talking about feedback and I’m joined by Beth Wonson from NCDsolution.com. This is a quasi episode mixing up two topics:
1) Feedback conversations - how to get better at having them
2) Facilitation: In particular, how to centre yourself before a workshop, and what you do when you receive negative feedback about your workshop - you know that negative bias we all have?
What I love about Beth’s work is the simplicity of what she shares, and how applicable it can be to you - If you know you’e been avoiding feedback for some time, this is a great opportunity and reminder on how to normalise giving and receiving feedback, and taking away that stigma attached to it.
About our Guest: Beth Wonson
Since 2015, Beth Wonson, CEO and Founder of Navigating Challenging Dialogue®, has coached hundreds of C-suite professionals in Fortune 500s and the non-profit sector to have meaningful, drama-free conversations. Beth has worked in the various industries holding roles including CEO and COO.
Beth founded Navigating Challenging Dialogue in 2015 out of frustration for the ways in which traditional leadership skills fail the mission and goals of organizations. Beth realized one of the most critical needs was an awareness of the importance of emotional self-management.
By exploring how our brains work, Beth recognized how emotions and thinking errors impact our ability to create positive work environments. By applying what she learned into her practice with clients, she developed the process of Navigating Challenging Dialogue.
The four-stage NCD Process is for managing yourself and your ability to communicate effectively with curiosity and clarity. The NCD Process is unique in that it is successful in any place where human interaction is critical.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to master getting feedback during workshop
- Identifying feedback and ensuring it is fact-based
- How to normalise the process of giving feedback, and using it as an opportunity to provide support
- How to regulate your emotions when you receive feedback
- Being responsible to the energy you bring
Free masterclass THIS WEEK: Steal my Booked Out Facilitator framework to land repeatable workshop bookings
Want 5 more workshop bookings, for every one you deliver? Register here!
Support the show (https://buymeacoffee.com/leannehughes)