Manage episode 274571484 series 2018375
This week on Floor 9, we welcome back Arielle Garcia, Chief Privacy Officer of UM, along with first-time guest David Mihalek, SVP, Digital Strategy of UM, for a follow-up discussion to the “Data Privacy as a Business Imperative” episode we had with Arielle last month. Together, we dived deep into how brand advertisers and publishers are preparing for the disappearance of cookies as privacy regulations start to roll out. From its impact on ad targeting, to data “cleaning rooms”, to the need for transparency and accountability, we covered a lot of ground in this interesting conversation.
Before the main conversation, Scott is joined by co-host Adam to recap the highlights of this week’s Apple Event where new 5G-ready iPhones and more were unveiled. For an in-depth analysis of this event, check out our written recap here.
You can find Adam and Scott on Twitter at @adamjsimon and @tippier. We welcome your constructive feedback. For more insights on using consumer data for personalization, check out our recent media trial report with MAGNA GLOBAL as reported by AdAge.
Questions brands, agencies and marketers should be asking to prepare for the cookieless future:
- How much of our targeting strategy today is dependent on third-party cookies and what impacts have been experienced by browser or privacy changes such as ITP, CCPA and GDPR?
- Are we taking a holistic, people-first approach to our data strategy?
- Are we exploring strategic 2nd party partnerships that help us scale our audiences?
- How can we build deeper consumer relationships by driving meaningful conversations in the channels our consumers engage with?
- What is our plan for testing clean-rooms and what are the expected insights my brand can glean from their utilization?
- Are we exploring alternative targeting and measurement tactics, such as Authenticated Traffic Solutions (LiveRamp), and CAPI – Conversion API (Facebook)?
- Do we have the right privacy and customer data management infrastructure in place to embed privacy and honor preference across channels and touchpoints?
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.