Manage episode 307916617 series 1283352
This week Adam is joined by Zac Smith, Co-Founder of Packet and now running Equinix Metal. They talk about the early days of the internet infrastructure space, the beginnings of Packet, the “why” of bare metal, transitioning Packet from startup to global company overnight when they were acquired by Equinix, and how all this for Zac is 20 years in the making.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Auth0 – The for developers, by developers identity platform built for the cloud era that secures billions of logins every year. Security, compliance, and industry standards are always up-to-date, plus devs are free to provide the login options their users want with the security their application demands. Make login Auth0’s problem. Not yours. Learn more at Auth0.com
- PlanetScale – PlanetScale is the only serverless database platform you can start in an instant and scale indefinitely with unlimited connections. Never think about database servers again. Everything you want to control is available through the beautifully designed PlanetScale CLI. Learn more and start your database in seconds at planetscale.com
- Fastly – Compute@Edge free for 3 months — plus up to $100k a month in credit for an additional 6 months. Fastly’s Edge cloud network and modern approach to serverless computing allows you to deploy and run complex logic at the edge with unparalleled security and blazing fast computational speed. Head to fastly.com/podcast to take advantage of this limited time promotion!
- Gitpod – Spin up fresh, ephemeral automated dev environments, in the cloud, in seconds. Their free tier is open to every developer with a GitLab, GitHub, and/or Bitbucket account. Learn more at gitpod.io
Notes and Links
- Equinix Completes Acquisition of Bare Metal Leader Packet
- Equinix.com - We power the world’s digital leaders
- Founders Talk #73: Balancing business and open source with Raj Dutt, Founder & CEO of Grafana Labs
- The Linux Foundation Hosts Open19 to Accelerate Data Center and Edge Hardware Innovation
- Alex Polvi
- Power usage effectiveness (PUE)
- Ask Your Developer by Jeff Lawson