Manage episode 294431024 series 2912718
Ian Cohen’s specialty is privacy and FinTech. He is the CEO of Lokker and a leader in financial technology businesses. He serves on the board and is an advisor to multiple FinTech companies. Prior to Lokker, Ian was the General Manager and Chief Product Officer at Experian Consumer Services, as well as the Chief Executive Officer at Credit.com.
· Ian begins the episode by discussing how he got started in business and created a content marketing agency - which he explains was largely by accident.
· Ian explains that by taking advantage of the opportunity offered by a crisis Credit.com boomed beyond what he could have ever imagined.
· Pek gets Ian to explain what it is like letting go of a company that you have put so much work into and how to cope with the final act of leaving.
· Ian and Pek discuss data security and privacy and breakdown the realities of the current tech world.
· Ian believes that we’re in the middle of a big change around privacy – since people are beginning to find out so much more about how their privacy is dealt with online. He explains how companies have to think about this more and more every day, especially if they are holding users’ private data.
· Finally, Ian discusses the way forward for him, his business projects and privacy online.
· Discover Lokker - https://www.lokker.com/
· Connect with Ian on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/iandcohen/
Our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjTNHAg3TzJRf9zlsFJkGYg