Manage episode 267862790 series 2762792
Hey it’s James and welcome back to the Fringe Voices show. I wanted to give a shout out to 2 recent reviews on Apple Podcasts from chris3412 and gardener2591. Thanks! Again, if you’re enjoying the content of this show please subscribe, rate and review on wherever you listen to podcasts. I would definitely appreciate it!
Today I welcome a very special guest Niles Heckman. Niles is a documentary photographer & filmmaker, essayist, and speaker who's work focuses around themes of ageless wisdom for our modern times. Sharing insights in his films, spoken-word essays, podcast An Infinite Path also his productions with the films Transmutations and Shamans of the Global Village. He has also worked on multiple Academy Award-winning teams in Hollywood with New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers, 20th Century Fox, and Marvel Studios.
Some things we discuss:
- What draws you to do the work you do? You have worked in Hollywood and sometimes Hollywood can be a bit generic but your work is very unique.
- What was your life like growing up, what’s a bit of your background?
- How did your early years influence your later life?
- Take aways from his popular film Shamans of the Global Village
- What’s your spiritual journey been like and what spiritualities are you drawn to and why?
- How Niles approaches being a parent in this modern era
- Niles recommends some great media:
- The Master Key System (book)
- As a Man Thinketh (book)
- The Kybalion (book)
- The Habit Poem (Anonymous poem)
- Ron Fricke Documentaries
- David Attenborough (documentarian)
- Finding Vivian Maier (documentary)
- Hearts of Darkness (documentary)
- Blood Road (documentary)
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi (documentary)
- Exit Through the Gift Shop (documentary)
- Living Myth podcast
- Psychedelic Salon podcast
- The Higherside Chats podcast