Manage episode 258894871 series 1429097
What powers does the President have in a pandemic? How about the Governor? Can the state force you to stay at home, or block your church from holding services, or stop you from working? Listen in for the law on politicians’ pandemic powers!
*THANK YOU* to this week’s Show Note Sponsors (Anon, Trey Benfield, Chris Hairston, Colleen Mahaney, and Rob Simmons) and our #Law140 Lovers (Lindsey Bowser, Erica Phillips, Helen Poston, Joe Sevits, and Michael VanOrder)!
- Refresher Info:
- Our #Law140 episode on Federalism Basics (Fsck #56)
- Our #Law140 thread on Due Process Basics (Twitter)
- Our #Law140 episode on the Dormant Commerce Clause (Fsck #45)
- Court cases:
- Zemel v. Rusk (Oyez)
- Gibbons v. Ogden (Oyez)
- Compagnie Francaise de Navigation a Vapeur v. Louisiana State Board of Health (LII)
- Jacobson v. Massachusetts (Oyez)
- Oregon-Washington R. & Nav. Co. v. State of Washington (FindLaw)
- Edwards v. California (Oyez)
- O’Connor v. Donaldson (Oyez)
- Other stuff:
The post #Law140: Politicians’ Pandemic Powers (Episode 100) appeared first on #FSCK 'Em All!.