Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on March 03, 2021 05:27 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 260028505 series 1429097
Join us this week as prisons continue to get swarmed by the coronavirus, more elected officials ignore the laws they demand the rest of us follow, and cops violate the First Amendment to arrest people for Facebook posts.
*THANK YOU* to this week’s Show Note Sponsors (Anon, Trey Benfield, Chris Hairston, Colleen Mahaney, and Rob Simmons) and our #Law140 Lovers (Lindsey Bowser, Erica Phillips, Helen Poston, Joe Sevits, and Michael VanOrder)!
- SUPREME COURT: Non-unanimous juries in pending criminal cases thrown out in Louisiana and Oregon (SCOTUSblog)
- FLORIDA: As inmates started dying of COVID-19, politicians kept it quiet (Miami Herald)
- FLORIDA: Miami police officer caught on video handcuffing unarmed black doctor for sport (NY Times)
- LOUISIANA: No prosecutorial immunity for New Orleans District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro and his office’s fake subpoenas (New Orleans Advocate)
- The Court’s opinion in Singleton v. Cannizzarro et al. (5th Circ. COA)
- Our episode first mentioning the fake subpoenas (Fsck #33)
- LOUISIANA: Sheriff’s deputy on video choking out inmate who asked for COVID-19 medical care (BuzzFeed)
- MICHIGAN: William Garrison, sentenced to prison as a juvenile and just weeks away from parole, dies from COVID-19 (Detroit Free Press)
- NEW JERSEY: Corrections officers, working to release inmates to avoid COVID-19 infections, threaten to re-jail anyone talking to the media (NJ Advance Media)
- OHIO: Coronavirus is raging at Marion Correctional Institution, 73%+ of inmates testing positive (NPR)
- OREGON: Oregon State Police officers Austin Daugherty, Dylan Hansen, and Joseph DeLance resign for brutalizing a Portland police recruit during basic training (The Oregonian)
- PENNSYLVANIA: Judge Anne Marie Coyle denies 100% of all motions to release inmates to protect them from COVID-19 (WHYY)
- TEXAS: Beaumont Mayor Becky Ames ignores her own Stay-At-Home order to get her nails done (KBMT 12)
- TEXAS: 23-year-old criminally prosecuted – illegally – for Facebook post falsely claiming he had COVID-19 (BBC)
- TEXAS: Judge Bill Gravell violates his own Stay-At-Home order to go to party (Patch)
- VIRGINIA: Federal, Richmond police still making minor drug busts as coronavirus rages (The Appeal)
- WISCONSIN: Marquette sheriff threatens to arrest high school student for posting on Instagram about having COVID-19 (NY Times)
- UNITED KINGDOM: Unnamed Lancashire police officer suspended after being caught on video threatening to “make something up” against man pulled over (The UK Guardian)
- The original video footage (UK Express)