Manage episode 277132459 series 2793416
If you don’t think our generation uses MacGyver as a verb, the GenX Stories gang will prove you wrong. How? Because we (ironically) recorded this technology themed episode using Eve’s plan D, Mercury retrograde headphone mic. No, we’re not kidding.
From the truth about old school TV clickers, to long telephone cord strategies, to why we absolutely refuse to use TikTok now (even though we love Steve Nicks), this funny chat about the innovations that made us will take you wayyyy back.
Or at least make you turn your phone off and on again to fix it.
- Is mercury retrograde?
- MacGyver as a verb
- Pew generations & tech trends
- The history of the remote control
- A Zenith clicker
- A brief history of the walkman
- Why vinyl is making a comeback in 2020
- Phones (and cords) of the 80s
- Pagers were hip in 1985
- Evolution of the cell phone
- Lori’s first cell phone
- Gordon Gecko's phone/brick in the 1987 movie, Wall Street
- Ellen asking younger people to use old tech
- Thomas Guides
- How does MapQuest work?
- The Strand bookstore in NYC
- Dreams Challenge TikTok guy
- Chris's Pug MRI that went viral by Andy Richter
Connect with us