Manage episode 273783641 series 2355391
Are your expectations of yourself realistic?
Do you expect faster results than you're currently getting?
Is this a problem with your coach, your program or you?
In this episode we talk about understanding where you are on your own journey, and how to know what to REALISTICALLY expect from yourself, whether you're a beginner, intermediate or advanced athlete.
- The 'Never Say Die' attitude strikes again!
- Why going from zero to hero is a bad idea
- The one thing I have to tell every beginner athlete
- The negative side of being well trained
- It's physically impossible to improve all the time, so why do we get upset?
- How to analyse your own progress (key factors to look for)
- Why motivation is your best friend and worst enemy
- My advice on expectations that I want every athlete to hear
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly email, just go to: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.