Manage episode 274809097 series 2355391
It's been a while, but more and more of us are looking to 2021 with genuine races on the calendar again.
So which race should we pick? Should we go for an IM? A 70.3? The biggest Gran Fondo?
In this episode Gerard breaks down the factors his athletes MUST consider when selecting a race.
If you don't do these things, you risk having a horrible race experience.
In the episode we talk about:
- Turning a covid mistake into a major cycling win
- How to sprint well at the end of a race
- Being a good runner vs a good triathlon runner
- The race Gerard did this year which ranks as hard as Kona Ironman
- Gerard's minimum requirements of an athlete who wants to do an Ironman
- How many hours should you really be training for?
- How long should your longest ride and run be? (Hint: I bet it's longer than you think)
- The list of questions you need to answer if you expect to complete a triathlon
As always, we covered a lot!
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly email, just go to: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.