Manage episode 275382767 series 2355391
Dane is an elite marathon runner, a physiotherapist and a man who loves running so much he started his own running blog and podcast, just so he could talk more about running!
His impressive palmares include:
- A Marathon PB of 2:22:40
- Winner of 2019 Adelaide Marathon and 2018 Hobart Marathon
- A Half-Marathon PB of 1:07:49
We got to ask Dane all about his running career, the mistakes and lessons that have got him to where he is now, his physio career specialising in running injury, and a whole lot more.
This was one of our favourite episodes to record and you'll find out why. It was another long one so strap yourself in!
- Our special connection to Dane at TriVelo
- Dane's best and worst marathon results
- Handling continuous setbacks that can overwhelm you
- Goal setting secrets
- The biggest injury lessons he's seen as a physio
- What other sports can learn from running
- How each individual can approach injury
- The overarching principles of injury you need to know
Thanks to Dane for chatting to us. You can check out Dane's podcast 'Run Culture', he also recorded an episode with Gerard.
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly email, just go to: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.