Manage episode 297473678 series 1017311
Guru Edge. It's what makes Greenlight Guru so unique and particularly valuable to medical device companies. These Gurus form an elite team of medical device experts who serve Greenlight Guru customers in a variety of ways to ensure success throughout their product journey.
In this episode of the Global Medical Device Podcast, Jon Speer talks to Ryan Behringer, a Training and Onboarding Medical Device Guru at Greenlight Guru.
Listen to this episode to learn about Ryan's professional journey which brought him to Greenlight Guru and how he's helping companies with design of experiments, design controls, contextual inquiry, FDA QSR and ISO 13485 compliance, protocol/report writing, protocol execution, and quality system implementation and maintenance.
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
- Ryan studied biomedical engineering and eventually zoned and honed in on medical device entrepreneurship.
- After graduating from college, Ryan worked for a startup in Omaha that was a Greenlight Guru customer. Ryan was able to develop a device, get 510(k) clearance, and go to market using Greenlight Guru.
- Ryan’s first-hand experience with Greenlight Guru not only helped the development of the customer’s product, but boosted Ryan’s personal development as an engineer.
- To better prepare engineers, reduce the concepts to practice and teach design controls, quality, and regulatory curriculum.
- Ryan advises engineers to get the knowledge they need to be successful via a foundation of quality. Then, put into practice what you learn to be compliant.
- Risk Management/Design Controls: Always make sure you know why you are doing things. What’s the purpose? Find value in things and collect feedback.
- Ryan’s keys to customer success include using Greenlight Guru as a quality system and medical device platform to find early wins and deeper motivation.
Memorable quotes by Ryan Behringer:
“I love the entrepreneurship element in the medical device space.”
“I had the pleasure of developing a device, getting 510(k) clearance, and getting to market utilizing Greenlight Guru. It was really instrumental in our development of the product and kind of my personal development as an engineer - gave me loads of confidence.”
“I really enjoy the technical element of things.”
“I always make sure that the things I’m doing, I know why I’m doing them. They have a purpose, and I can find value in those things.”