Going Beyond the Food: Diet Culture, Intuitive Eating, Body Acceptance, Mindset and Anti-Diet Podcast
265-Mom's Guilt with Unyime Oguta
Manage episode 279818648 series 2790805
“It feels terrible as a mom to put yourself first... it’s easy to say self-care when you don’t have kids”.
This is such a sensitive topic for moms... Me, the single woman with no kids telling them to take time for themselves.
I have avoided doing a topic on this subject because let’s face it, it’s true: I don’t get it. That’s until today...
I have a guest expert who can speak about this from a lived experience. She’s a mom of 3 kids under 12, with a professional career and now starting a business.
Unyime gets it.
Unyime Oguta is our guest today. She’s a Non-Diet Nutritionist, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and a student of mine. She’s just about to graduate from our Non-Diet Mentorship program.What you’ll learn listening to this episode on mom's guilt:
- Why balance is B.S...
- The disease of “Shoulding yourself”
- The toxicity of “getting your body back”...
- How to no longer feel guilty around taking care of yourself
- The way to feed my family healthy while trusting my children’s choices
- How to do self-care as a mom