Manage episode 316932676 series 2861660
Supporting birds on your property goes well beyond putting up bird feeders, although they can be helpful and enjoyable. In this episode on supporting birds in your yard and garden, Matt Tarr, Emma Erler and Nate Bernitz talk about why birds need our help, how to assess your property and the needs of birds, and how to meet the needs of wild birds through landscaping choices and other strategies.
· Featured Question: Which landscape plants are best for hummingbirds?
· Featured Plant: Common hackberry (Celtis occidentalis)
· Closing Tip: Purchasing Bare Root Trees
· Webinar: Hydroponics at Home
· Webinar: Extending the Gardening Season
· How to make your yard more bird friendly (Audubon)
Subscribe to the monthly Granite State Gardening newsletter.
Email us questions, suggestions and feedback at email@example.com
Transcript by Otter.ai