Manage episode 286561468 series 1913391
Today we're discussing Square, Inc.'s purchase of a majority stake in Tidal, Oscar Health's $9.5 billion valuation, the NBA's decision to accept $DOGE as currency, Overtime's basketball league, Gov. Newsom's mention of attendance returning to MLB games on "Opening Day," Winners, Losers, Content Recommendations, and more.
New Republics Semi-Annual warehouse sale is live now! Get up to 50% off sneakers, boots and loafers. Even their signature Kurt sneaker is on sale! Head to shopnewrepublic.com to get your pair today!
Back with the News! - Group Chat News 3.4.21
- The incredible response from the last episode and the power of community. [1:37]
- Is Vlad getting cocky? [6:15]
- Jay-Z is on FIRE! [10:04]
- What is Oscar Health and why should you care? [15:14]
- The future of money itself, Dogecoin. [19:57]
- Overtime, a game changer for amateur basketball players. [24:41]
- Is old Gavin coming around? [33:38]
- Pete Reads the Ads. [40:18]
- Crime Watch: LA is out of control! [42:30]
- Weekly Winners & Losers. [46:38]
- Hottest Content for the Weekend. [1:08:45]
- Group Chat Shout Outs. [1:15:00]
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- Love You Dad, Thank You Dad: KN Murthy | EP 437
- Dave Portnoy grills Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev over GameStop
- 20VC: Robinhood Founder Vlad Tenev on His Biggest Lessons Managing Through A Crisis, The Events of The Congressional Committee, Raising $2.4Bn Fast and Why It Was Necessary & Why It Is Ludicrous To Suggest Robinhood Put The Business Ahead of it's Custom
- Jack Dorsey’s Square, Inc. is buying a majority stake in Jay-Z’s streaming service Tidal
- Oscar Health prices IPO at $39 and secures a $9.5B valuation
- The NBA's @dallasmavs will soon accept $DOGE as part of a deal with payment services provider @BitPay
- Overtime is launching a basketball league, creating another option for amateur players. Perks include: $100k salary, Health benefits, Equity stake in Overtime. Even better? If a player doesn't pursue pro basketball, they'll be given $100k for college tuition. Game changer.
- Rich Paul: Darius Bazley's $1M internship a by-product of 'broken system'
- I asked Gov. Newsom when fans might be able to attend MLB games in California. He used the words “opening day” in his answer.
- The massive sneaker controversy that cost Nike exec Ann Hebert her job, explained
- Watch Entourage: Season 1 | Prime Video
- Billie Eilish: The World's A Little Blurry | Apple TV+
- I Care a Lot | Netflix Official Site
- Biggie: I Got a Story to Tell | Netflix Official Site
Connect with Group Chat!