Manage episode 295124773 series 2672727
Derek Zanutto is the General Partner at CapitalG, a growth-stage venture capital arm of Google (Alphabet). Before CapitalG, he was an investor in Uber, Airbnb, Lynda.com, CAA, and more.
In our conversation, we go into:
- How Derek went from studying liberal arts/touring as a musican to becoming an investor
- How he got into Wall Street with zero to little financial experience
- What he looks for in founders before investing in their company
- Questions that entrepreneurs should ask an investor to leave a lasting impression
- Mastering the art of saying 'no'
- Thinking clearly, and mental frameworks that Derek always refers back to