Manage episode 281532673 series 1524238
In this episode, we're digging into gaslighting. If you haven't heard of gaslighting before, it's defined as: "Gaslighting is a form of emotional abuse that's seen in abusive relationships. It's the act of manipulating a person by forcing them to question their thoughts, memories, and the events occurring around them. A victim of gaslighting can be pushed so far that they question their own sanity."
If you've ever been in a situation where someone was accusing you of something that you really don't remember doing or saying, or they're totally exaggerating something you did or said and making you doubt your own judgement of reality, you're likely being gaslit.
In this episode, we cover:
- What is gaslighting and how to recognize it
- Example situations of gaslighting you may find yourself in
- When you are most vulnerable to gaslighting
- The psychological reason for why people gaslight others
- How to deal with gaslighting in a safe way
- Things to avoid doing when someone is gaslighting you
Follow and Work with Melissa