Manage episode 266423034 series 2464243
Thanks to Covid, the typically hopping summer book release schedule has shifted to September, but we've still come up with some great picks to occupy your time.
After some feedback on racial stereotypes in Never Have I Ever, we tackle Indigenous and lesbian book recommendations:
- Rhymes for Young Ghouls (dir: Jeff Barnaby, 2013)
- #NotYourPrincess: Voices of Native American Women, Edited by Lisa Charleyboy & Mary Beth Leatherdale
- Honourable mentions: A Girl Called Echo // The Marrow Thieves // Surviving the City
- You Should See Me In A Crown by Leah Johnson
- The Henna Wars by Abida Jaigirdar
- Honourable mentions: Dark & Deepest Red // Hot Dog Girl
Then it's time for the main event, our anticipated July/August 2020 books.
- The Voting Booth by Brandy Colbert (July 7)
- Loveless by Alice Oseman (July 9 - UK/Canada)
- Six Angry Girls by Adrienne Kisner (August 18)
- Reminders: Faith by Julie Murphy (July 7) // Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson (Sept 15)
- Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron (July 7)
- Now That I’ve Found You by Kristina Forest (Aug 25)
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas (Sept 1)
- Honourable mention: Clown in a Cornfield by Adam Cesare (Aug 25)
Wanna connect with the show? Use #HKHSPod on Twitter:
- Brenna: @brennacgray
- Joe: @bstolemyremote
Have something longer to say or a minisode topic? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you on the page and on the screen!