24. Sonia Ashok - Channeling rest and self-care daily to be more productive, forging your own career path and collaborating with other women to foster a community.
Manage episode 304404060 series 2873639
Dr. Sonia Ashok is a Career + Leadership Coach and the founder of Connective Coalition, a community to empower women in the workplace. She is a physician who pivoted into health policy and then tech startups. Her experiences navigating career advancement and toxic environments as a minority woman inspired her to support others in climbing the ladder. She is a certified yoga teacher and diversity, equity, + inclusion (DEI) specialist. She lives in San Jose, California, with her husband and lots of plants.
In this episode, we are talking about:
- 4:26 - Defining moment of the week.
- 10:34 - How to figure out if you want to quit your job.
- 11:52 - Blocking out societal expectations and tuning in to what we want for ourselves and our career.
- 20:57 - Including self-care into your workday to maximize your productivity.
- 23:49 - Why do women have to work harder to stand out and succeed in the workplace?
- 27:03 - What does burnout look like and the factors attributed to it?
- 28:07 - What is the busyness epidemic?
📝 Are you loving this podcast? If so, leave a review here - it’s the best way to support!
💭 Helping you define and make the most of your ideal career.
🤍 Follow on Instagram - @herdefinedpodcast
🎧 Available wherever you get your podcasts