149: Nice Girls Don't Speak Up or Stand Out: How to Make Your Voice Heard, Your Point Known, and Your Presence Felt
Manage episode 326650024 series 2914144
- Have people tell you about their upbringing. From that you can tell someone what they need to develop in order to best compliment their behaviors.
- Nice girls are women who act according to how they were raised from their childhood.
- Being nice is necessary for success, but it's not the only thing that can bring you success. Hard work comes with that as well.
- There are different rules for how different are supposed to communicate and those rules keep women from speaking up, which is unfair and unjust.
- You can’t tell women not to get emotional. Before you get emotional or find yourself in tears, you need to deliver a message. It’s been socially acceptable to be teary but not to be angry.
- Chance favors the prepared mind. You want to make sure that you are ready for whatever meeting you are going into and odds are that the meeting will go well.
- If no one is responding to you, don’t keep talking as people tend to tune out. Instead, use a tagline like “did I answer your question?”
Quote of the Show:
7:35 “Nice is necessary for success, it’s simply not sufficient.”
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/drloisfrankel?lang=en
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drloisfrankel/
- Website: https://www.drloisfrankel.com/
- Book Link: https://www.amazon.com/Nice-Girls-Dont-Speak-Stand/dp/1549103369
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music - https://www.amazon.com/Hiring-and-Empowering-Solutions/dp/B08JJSLJ7N
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hiring-and-empowering-solutions/id1460184599
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/3oIfsDDnEDDkcumTCygHDH
- Google Podcast - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDovL2ZlZWRzLmxpYnN5bi5jb20vMTc4MTM2L3Jzcw
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/hiring-and-empowering-solutions