Manage episode 307085144 series 2698151
In which we each power through a concussion and antibiotics to discuss how mid-19th century modernization affected Canada and talk about folk tales once more! Topics include life in the country and the city, child labour, and of course Karl Marx.
Further Reading & Sources:
- Belshaw, John Douglas. Canadian History: Pre-Confederation, BC Open Textbook, 2012. https://opentextbc.ca/preconfederation/
- Belshaw, John Douglas. Canadian History: Post-Confederation, BC Open Textbook, 2012. https://opentextbc.ca/postconfederation/
- Marx, Karl. Capital, Volume One: A Critique of the Political Economy, Penguin Random House, 1992.
- Spray, Carole. Will O’ The Wisp: Folk Tales of New Brunswick, Brunswick Press, 1985.
- Trovato, Frank and Carl F. Grindstaff, editors. Perspectives on Canada's Population: An Introduction to Concepts and Issues, Oxford University Press, 1994.
- Woodcock, George. A Social History of Canada, Viking Books, 1988.
- The Wizard of the Miramichi. http://en.copian.ca/library/learning/miramichi/wizard/wizard.pdf
- Will O’ The Wisp. https://historiacanadiana.wordpress.com/2021/11/12/tale-of-the-will-o-the-wisp/