Manage episode 308156323 series 2698151
In which we start talking about the 1869-70 Métis resistance that led to the creation of Manitoba and represented many of the issues that Canada still faces today.
Sources & Further Reading
- Bumsted, J.M. Reporting the Resistance: Alexander Begg and Joseph Hargrave on the Red River Resistance, University of Manitoba Press, 2003.
- Métis List of Rights https://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/cur/socstud/foundation_gr6/blms/6-1-2a.pdf
- Mair, Charles. “The Bison,” Canadian Poetry from the Beginning Through the First World War, 2010.
- Mair, Charles. Dreamland and Other Poems, Dawson Brothers, 1868. https://books.google.ca/books?id=H7BcAAAAcAAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Morton, W. L. “Two Young Men, 1869: Charles Mair and Louis Riel”, Manitoba Historical Society, Number 30, 1973-74.
- ‘Declaration of the People...’, http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/pageant/09/rupertslanddeclaration.shtml
- Teillet, Jean. The North-West Is Our Mother, Patrick Crean Editions, 2019.