Manage episode 295062690 series 2939779
In this episode, game designer Cole Wehrle joins host Eduard Gafton to talk Pax Pamir, John Company and Wehrlegig Games’ mission to ‘strive to publish beautiful games with historical themes that treat their subjects and their players seriously.’
○ 00:00:00 - Start
○ 00:02:24 - How did Pax Pamir start?
○ 00:17:14 - What is there to learn from playing Pax Pamir?
○ 00:32:18 - How do you market a historical game such as John Company?
○ 00:51:38 - How has academic experience helped the creation of the two games?
𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞
○ Pax Pamir Reprint Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1243243962/pax-pamir-reprint
○ Pax Pamir Second Edition Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1243243962/pax-pamir-second-edition
○ John Company Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1243243962/john-company-second-edition?ref=2jf6sd
○ John Company Second Edition Teach and Play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2g-vBp3UO8
○ Buy Marrying Mr Darcy: http://www.marryingmrdarcy.com/blog/buying-marrying-mr-darcy-outside-the-united-states
○ Cole Wehrle’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/colewehrle
○ Cole’s essay “Going into Empire”: https://wehrlegig.com/blogs/essays/going-into-empire
○ Wehrlegig Games Website: https://wehrlegig.com/
○ Wehrlegig Games Twitter: https://twitter.com/wehrlegig
○ Wehrlegig Games Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/wehrlegiggames
○ State and Tribe in 19th Century Afghanistan: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/journal-of-the-royal-asiatic-society/article/state-and-tribe-in-nineteenthcentury-afghanistan-the-reign-of-amir-dost-muhammad-khan-18261863-by-christine-noelle-pp-xxiv-439-london-curzon-press-1997/A20452F3B71CD6DC9838747F6CC49038
○ The Mission: Early Christianity from the Crucifixion to the Crusades: https://www.whitedoggames.com/the-mission-1
○ Little Women (2019): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Women_(2019_film)
○ Pax Viking: https://ionsmg.com/products/pax-viking
○ Atlantic Chase: https://www.gmtgames.com/p-706-atlantic-chase.aspx
𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏𝐨𝐝𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐄𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐨
○ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgfxqAbSuvQ
𝐒𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬
A recording of the talk 'Gaming The Divine Comedy: A History' given by game designer Andrea Angiolino on 25 May is available on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFfaC...
If you have any feedback or would like to get in touch for a potential podcast appearance, our DMs are open on Twitter @HandGLab or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or at email@example.com
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/handglab/
○ Facebook: History and Games Lab: https://www.facebook.com/historygames...
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod