Manage episode 300555639 series 1285261
The Olympics just wrapped up. All the uncertainty leading into the games was left fans unsure of what was to come. But once the throwing started, historic performances arrived daily. On this week's episode guest Shaun Pickering joins us to break down the performances in each of the throwing events, look at what made the Tokyo Olympics differenT, and draw out some key lessons for coaches and athletes from the 2020 Olympics.
For more information on this topic, read the complete show notes at: https://www.hmmrmedia.com/2021/08/hmmr-podcast-episode-255-olympic-throws-debrief-with-shaun-pickering/
- This episode is brought to you by HMMR Plus. Become a member for full access to our videos, articles, and podcast archives. The August site theme is analyzing the Olympics. Check back throughout the rest of the month for more insights from Tokyo.
- You can follow Pickering on Twitter (@ShaunDPickering) and Instagram (@ShaunDPickering).
- Pickering is heavily involved with the Ron Pickering Memorial Fund, which provides grants to developing athletes. You can make a donation on their website.
- On our recent Episode 254, John Godina explained some of the factors which made competing at the Olympics unique for athletes. Last week's GAINcast 222 also broke down some lessons learned from the Olympics across a wide range of events and sports.
- Similar to this episode, on Episode 170 we also broke down the 2017 World Championships with coach Don Babbitt, including a look at technical trends across events.
- You can learn about the European Athletics Coaches Club on the European Athletics Coaches Association webpage. In the future, EACA will put together free coaches club panels for all global events.