Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on March 28, 2022 14:47 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 301658886 series 2880600
Brandon, Katie, and Sam discuss the meaning of work and the Great Resignation. Americans are leaving their jobs in droves - primarily, Gen Z and Millenials while the baby boomers continue clutching their desks. Listen in for a discussion about how the pandemic has exacerbated perennial issues with the American understanding of labor.
Weekly Baptisms Are Available for Parishioners Who Do Not Bathe Regularly
- Daily Beast | Please, Famous White People, Stop Telling Us You Don't Bathe
- Business Insider | Celebrities Have Spoken Out About How Little They Bathe. That's Easier If You're White
- Salon | Why do we even care which celebrities bathe? An investigation.
- Mic | Bragging about not bathing your kids is a blatant act of white privilege
Texas Abortion Law
- HuffPost | 'This Is Untenable': Supreme Court Liberals Slam Decision On Texas Abortion Ban
- NPR | Supreme Court Upholds New Texas Abortion Law, For Now
- Washington Post | Biden says restrictive Texas abortion law is 'almost un-American,' creates 'vigilante system.'
WORD OF POD: ON THE GREAT RESIGNATION AND THE MEANING OF WORK
The Text (Articles from Our Discussion)
- Vox | The Death of the Job
- Forbes | 'The Great Resignation': Why Gen Z Is Leaving the Workforce In Droves... And What to Do About It
For Further Reading
- Toni Morrison | The Origin of Others
- Priscilla Murolo | From the Folks Who Brought You the Weekend: A Short, Illustrated History of Labor in the United States
- Philip Dray | There Is Power in a Union: The Epic Story of Labor in America
- Claud Anderson | Black Labor, White Wealth: The Search for Power and Economic Justice
Please email email@example.com if you would like a transcript of this episode.