Manage episode 283866723 series 2856910
Change the world sir, and love like crazy: Marlo, a public speaker in Barbados, writes to his future self off the back of a breakup and on the brink of another big move. Hosts Steph, Sophie and Maria discuss what ‘home’ really means, hear Marlo’s philosophy on expectation-free-dating, how to make friends as an adult, and why he went for coffee with a racist. Marlo reflects on painful experiences, and how he uses failure to learn, and try again.
Have a story about writing a letter to yourself or a loved one? We want to hear it at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to Matt for creating FutureMe and collaborating with us on this show by helping letter-writers opt-in to be interviewed.
- Episode transcript
- Write your own letter!
- Black Youth Hotline (Canada)
- Black Health Alliance (Canada)
- Black Legal Action Centre (Canada)
- Ally Toolkit for Canadians (Canada)
- Racial Equity Resource Guide - Organizations (US)
- BLAM - Black Learning Achievement and Mental Health (UK)
- Black Minds Matter (UK)
- Racial Equity Tools Glossary