Manage episode 328705730 series 3303136
Dr. Erica Dickie is the owner/founder of Black Creek Mobile Veterinary Services, based out of Stratford, Ontario. She graduated with distinction from the Ontario Veterinary College in 2011 and in 2020 became a Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Veterinarian. She is passionate about all things relating to End-of-Life Care for pets & has dedicated her practice to helping pet families in her community honor the bond, the life, and the love of their dear companions. She is a mother of 2 young boys, Reid 7, and Logan 4, and is currently palliating her 14-year-old ginger tabby, Porter, through his recent gastrointestinal lymphoma diagnosis.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- How practicing in Canada is different from in the U.S.
- Holding space & creating rituals for grieving families
- Safety in house call practice
- Boundaries in euthanasia only practices
- Mental health
- Depression, anxiety, & medications
- Marketing for IHE
Links & Resources for Dr. Erica Dickie:
- Quality of Life Consultations
- Home Palliative Care
- Telehealth for both of the above services
- Home Euthanasia and Aftercare
- Angel Pet Care
The House Call Vet Academy links:
- Find out about The House Call Vet Academy online CE course
- Learn more about Dr. Eve Harrison
- Learn more about 1-to-1 coaching for current & prospective house call, mobile, & concierge vets
- Get House Call Vet Swag!
- Find out about the next House Call & Mobile Vet Conference
In loving memory of Dr. Steve Weinberg.
Intro & outro guitar music was written, performed, & recorded by house call veterinarian Dr. Steve Weinberg.
Thank you to our sponsors!