Manage episode 316757103 series 1037345
Clay Scroggins lays out how leadership is rapidly changing and what aspiring leaders can do to adapt and succeed.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) The 4As for mastering tricky conversations
2) Why the “right” people aren’t necessarily the right people
3) One question to surface your superpower
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep732 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT CLAY —
Clay is the author of the best-selling books How to Lead When You’re Not in Charge and How to Lead in a World of Distraction. He holds a degree in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Tech as well as a Master’s degree and Doctorate with an emphasis in Online Church from Dallas Theological Seminary.
In January of 2022, Clay is releasing his 3rd book titled The Aspiring Leader’s Guide to the Future: 9 Surprising Ways Leadership is Changing. No one denies the changing landscape of leadership, but Clay explains how to become the kind of leader the future is demanding.
For the past 20 years, Clay Scroggins has served in many pastoral roles at North Point Ministries, a multisite church started in Alpharetta, Georgia led by Andy Stanley. Most recently, Clay served as the lead pastor of Buckhead Church, one of North Point’s largest campuses.
He lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with his wife, Jenny, and their five children.
• Website: ClayScroggins.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don't by Jim Collins
• Book: Jack: Straight from the Gut by Jack Welch
• Book: Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute
• Book: Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin