Manage episode 280562255 series 2391186
Daniel Scriver shares insights on how to develop your career from his experience as a college dropout turned designer turned CEO.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) How to develop new skills through self-teaching
2) Why Daniel left a dream job at Apple
3) Why you should always seek discomfort
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep628 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT DANIEL —
Daniel Scrivner is the CEO of Flow. Previously he was the Head of Design at Digit and Square. He's worked for some of the most respected brands in the world including Apple, Nike, Disney, and Target.
Daniel advises world-class teams at companies like LendingHome, Empower, TrustToken, Designer Fund, and Notation Capital. He’s an early-stage investor in businesses like Superhuman, MixMax, Notion, Good Eggs, Burrow, Madison Reed, Stance, Almanac Brewing, and many more. And he's been invited to speak at some of the world's most prestigious organizations including Andreessen Horowitz (A16Z), General Assembly, Techstars, Designer Fund, and 500 Startups.
• Daniel’s website: DanielScrivner.com
• Daniel’s Twitter: @DanielScrivner
• Daniel’s LinkedIn: Daniel Scrivner
• Daniel’s podcast: Outliers with Daniel Scrivner
• Daniel’s company: GetFlow.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Product: Neumann U 87
• Software: Superhuman
• Book: Rich Dad Poor Dad (What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money - That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!) by Robert Kiyosaki
• Book: The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy by Thomas Stanley, William Danko, Sarah Stanley Fallaw
• Book: Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Find Your Dream Job. Learn Ramit Sethi’s pro-tips at IWT.com/podcastDJ
• United Harvest. Get superior meats at unitedharvest.com. Promo code: AWESOME
• Blinkist. Learn more, faster with book summaries you can read or listen to in 15 minutes at blinkist.com/awesome