Manage episode 307723004 series 2391186
Seasoned recruiter Lou Adler shares insights from his decades of professional experience to help you hire and/or get hired.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) What’s wrong with most job descriptions
2) The real 30% increase you should be seeking
3) Why you shouldn’t apply for a job directly
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep722 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT LOU —
Lou is the CEO and founder of The Adler Group – a consulting and training firm helping companies implement "Win-Win Hiring" programs using his Performance-based Hiring℠ system for finding and hiring exceptional talent. More than 40 thousand recruiters and hiring managers have attended his ground-breaking workshops over the past 20 years.
Lou is the author of the Amazon top-10 best-seller, Hire With Your Head and The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired. Lou has been featured on Fox News and his articles and posts can be found on Inc. Magazine, BusinessInsider, Bloomberg and The Wall Street Journal.
Prior to his executive search experience. Lou held senior operations and financial management positions at the Allen Group and at Rockwell International's automotive and consumer electronics groups. He holds an MBA from UCLA and a BS Engineering from Clarkson University.
• LinkedIn Article: 15 Hack-a-Job Ideas for Getting a (Better) Job
• Website: WinWinHiring.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen Covey
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Storyworth. Give a super meaningful holiday gifts this year at StoryWorth.com/awesome.
• Setapp. Try out up to 200 of the best software tools in one streamlined place at setapp.com.