Manage episode 305072680 series 2950960
SUCCESS IN MARRIAGE...
is one of the hardest things to achieve in life, but also one of the most rewarding.
Our guest today, Kevin Theriot, is a therapist and counselor with over 40 years of experience to share.
Join us in this episode as we learn how to understand and improve a marital relationship.
IDEAS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Biopsychosocial marriage factors (2:50)
- Each marriage is unique (8:20)
- Looking for a mental health professional (10:48)
- Just try, effort communicates caring (15:08)
- Effects of insecurity (17:14)
- Focus on what is there, positives (19:40)
- "No other success can compensate for failure in your home" (28:03)
- Two major factors in marriage (31:30)
- The ten minute talk (36:40)
- "Play Catch" (45:05)
- Different ideas of romance (48:05)
- Overcoming breaches in trust (57:20)
- Set aside a specific time and practice doing the 10-minute talk each day with your spouse or partner.
SUPPORT THE SHOW!
CLICK HERE to visit our Patreon - Idea Gym is independently funded - your support helps us bring you the content you love, ad-free!
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
- Kevin's Article: Finding a Mental Health Professional Who’s Right for You
- Read or Download Kevin's Relationship "Homework"!
- Download our Free 30 Day Action Calendar to get started on your future.
- As a thanks for listening, snag a FREE kindle copy of the best selling book WHO NOT HOW by Dan Sullivan and Dr. Ben Hardy
WHAT WE DO
We show dreamers how to turn ideas into simple daily actions. You already have all the info you need. It's time to ACT!
We help you build confidence by...
- Providing ideas you can act on today
- Keeping promises to yourself
- Taking daily steps forward
- Creating habits that improve your life and compound into results
WHO WE ARE
We are the action guides. Two family guys shortcutting success ideas into simple action steps that fit a busy life. We put the guru ideas and challenges to the test and modify them to fit any lifestyle.
- We believe in change
- We believe in the power of compounding daily habits
- We believe you can become the best version of yourself by acting with intention
FOR MORE GREAT IDEAS - CONNECT, FOLLOW, SUBSCRIBE
Thanks for listening! Idea Gym is individually funded, produced and published—ad free. We don't promote anything we don't read, use and love. You can support the show at our new Patreon linked on our website at Ideagym.info. You can also check out our favorite books list and snag your next great idea via Amazon affiliate links.Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/ideagympodcast)