Manage episode 282034131 series 2803681
Dianna Allen is the founder of TERRA, a DTC candle brand, where she designs and hand pours a variety of candles. In October 2020, Dianna left her life as a freelancer behind to put her efforts into TERRA full-time, which as we all know, is a huge leap to make.
What we covered:
- Should more indie hackers work on physical products?
- What happened with Budget Meal Planner?
- Should more indie hackers kill projects more often?
- Does turning a passion into a business take the enjoyment away?
- What was the breakthrough moment with Terra
- Making the leap going full-time with your business
- Why Dianna went straight into
- How do the economics of a physical product business work?
- How Terra was started with just $100
- Using Instagram for 99% of growth
- The hardest part of running a physical product business
- How to balance one-term purchases vs MRR
- Why we should support more small businesses?
Thanks to Weekend Club for sponsoring Indie Bites, which is launching in the US this week!‘I absolutely love being part of Weekend Club.’
‘Huge fan of Weekend Club and I love being part of it.’
‘Absolutely love this community.’
These are real testimonials for Weekend Club - the internet’s most helpful community for bootstrappers. If you’ve ever struggled meeting other solo founders and staying accountable, then this is for you.
We offer weekly Saturday deep working sessions with up to 30 bootstrappers, such as the founders of Simple Poll and VEED, an active Slack community and over 100 software discounts.
Go to weekendclub.co and enter a very limited promo code ‘Indie Bites’ for 50% off your first month.