THE NEUROSCIENCE OF POSITIVITY, RESILIENCE & OVERCOMING STORMS!!! Plus a Guided Meditation from Dr. Rick Hanson
Manage episode 272521684 series 98928
If you’ve ever wanted more happiness, and resilience in your life, or greater positivity in the face of storms, then do we have the Buddha’s Brain show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Rick Hanson, neuropsychologist, brain expert, and the best-selling author of “Hardwiring Happiness”, “Just One Thing” and the “Buddha’s Brain”
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how to develop resilience and a Buddha's brain, one simple practice at a time
Key Points Discussed:
- What to do when the waves of life come?
- What is a self-transforming brain?
- How can we change the emotional intelligence of the brain?
- What is the brain’s negativity bias?
- Why are we so vulnerable to the impact of negative experiences?
- Why do our brains focus on the sticks over carrots – or on the negative experiences?
- How does mindfulness-awareness help bring more stability and peacefulness to our minds?
- Three fundamental ways to relate to the mind
- How do we begin to focus on the positives with our brain?
- How do you switch from the negative to the positive?
- What’s the importance of focusing on the rewards in an experience?
- What does it mean to experience what you want to grow?
- What does it mean that the path our life takes boils down to three causes?
- What are 9 ways to make your life better?
- What has the greatest opportunity to make your life better?
- How do we increase our resources for positivity and resilience?
- One simple way on a day to day basis to grow our mental resources?
- What does it mean to anchor an experience?
- How do we steepen our growth curve to learning in our lives?
- How do we learn how to learn?
- What’s the importance of safety, satisfaction, and connection?
- How do we watch our minds learn?
- What’s the importance of reflection on our experiences?
- How to rewire the mind for courage.
- How do we change ourselves in some meaningful way?
For free meditations, weekly tips, stories, and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
To support the show and get even more great tools, tips, and behind-the-scenes access, visit: www.Patreon.com/InspireNation
And to follow Inspire Nation (and the lives of Michael and Jessica) on Instagram, go to www.Instagram.com/InspireNationLive
And to follow Inspire Nation on Tik Tok simply go to InspireNationShow on Tik Tok