Manage episode 303511947 series 1019973
Sam's been taking a deep dive into the "Metaverse" concept that is coming. We take our first step into the submject by going over some picks in the Virtual Reality space based on John Divine's article found HERE. After the interview, Sam and Derek talk about where they see the space going and potential plays for the Metaverse. This is the first of a series of shows that will focus on potential investment ideas in the upcoming Metaverse.
John Divine is a senior financial markets editor for U.S. News & World Report, where he’s been covering the stock market, Wall Street and the economy since 2016. Prior to U.S. News, Divine covered the stock market for The Motley Fool and InvestorPlace.
The year before beginning his career as a financial reporter, Divine graduated with honors from Appalachian State University, where he majored in Finance & Banking in 2011. Out of college, he spent some time at Merrill Lynch and Grandbridge Real Estate Capital, a commercial real estate arm of BB&T.
Since turning to journalism, Divine has appeared on numerous financial media programs – discussing Wall Street earnings, acquisitions, valuation and other issues – including Cheddar, Money Life With Chuck Jaffe, iHeartRadio, WSJ Radio and WBBM Chicago, as well as several other outlets.
Mr. Divine has been referenced, cited, linked to, quoted or published on many of the most well-read and respected publications in the world including The New York Times, the L.A. Times, Forbes, Barron’s, USAToday and CNBC. Learn more about John HERE.
Listen to ILAB 195 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Barcelona/ IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz - Venice Beach / IG @DerekRadio
- Fundrise Fundrise makes investing in private real estate as easy as investing in stocks, bonds or mutual funds. Get started in just a few minutes at Fundrise.com/LikeaBoss
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 06:44 – When did you get interested in virtual reality and the metaverse?
- 09:37 – Have you tried on any of the VR headsets as yet?
- 12:16 – How do you see the hardware and software being implemented and consumer friendly?
- 13:41 – What are the types of companies that will profit from virtual reality?
- 15:02 – What are your stock picks?
- 18:32 – Who are the leaders in the operating system?
- 24:39 – Do you have any other thoughts on the metaverse?
- 32:40 – Sam and Derek review
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.