Manage episode 302177404 series 2809589
Season III of Irish Stew is WASSUP!
We launch with an episode on the Irish ad man responsible for the memorable Budweiser commercial that had people around the world shouting WASSUP--Vinny Warren.
Vinny takes you from his native Galway to London, New York, Boston and finally Chicago, relates why his time as a bartender would later prove so valuable, how being a Central Park carriage driver fit into his unorthodox career strategy, his near death experiences with both the mafia and a mountain lion, how he stalked his way into his dream job, and the moment in Galway he realized that WASSUP had gone global.
Vinny tells us about starting his own agency Escape Pod where he did his most meaningful project, Metro Gun Share Program, a sly commentary on America’s gun culture and a fundraising vehicle for gun control advocacy.
Vinny may have sold Escape Pod but he’s still very much in business at vinny.warren.com.
Maybe we can get him for the Irish Stew ad campaign!
- Website: www.vinnywarren.com
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinny_Warren
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vinnywarren/
- WASSUP? Commercial: https://www.vinnywarren.com/project-1
- Metro Gun Share Program: https://www.chicagonow.com/reflections-chicago-life/2018/05/the-metro-gun-share-program/#image/1