211: How to Use Frugality and No Spend Challenges to Accelerate Your Money Journey Plus Side Hustle Tips w/ Jen Smith
Manage episode 290477486 series 2394672
What does frugality mean to you? For Jen Smith, creator of modernfrugality.com, frugality means being a good steward of your resources. It’s consciously spending on things you value that give you the freedom to meet your goals.
Jen is on a mission to rebrand the entire concept of frugality, so we can embrace it as a way to serve us. Adopting the practice of intentional spending and no spend challenges helped Jen and husband pay off over $78,000 of debt in 2 years.
Jen started as an acupuncturist, transitioned into a full time writer, and now she is stepping into entrepreneurship. She shares her journey from starting a side hustle to expanding into owning a business. Tune in to this week’s episode to hear a different perspective on the F word: Frugality.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to use frugality to accelerate your journey to Financial Freedom
- The balance between increasing your income and spending consciously
- How to do a no spend challenge
- How Jen transitioned from being an acupuncturist to a full time writer to an entrepreneur and much more...
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- You can find Jen as the co-host of Frugal Friends podcast.
- If you missed enrollment to the Money Launch Club, join the waitlist here!
- If you missed enrollment, join the waitlist for my FI course.
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 34 days trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Jen:
Connect with me: