#247: Andrew Kline, Founder & Managing Director at Park Lane, a Sports-Based Investment Bank, and Former NFL Athlete with the St. Louis Rams
Manage episode 279262035 series 2338656
Andrew Kline brings a broad background of professional sports experience, investment banking expertise, and industry knowledge to Park Lane. Kline has advised on M&A transactions in all of the major sports and also been fundamental in obtaining financing for many early-stage sports-based businesses.
Kline is currently a member of the Stanford Executive Circle, Young Presidents Organization (YPO), the Association of Corporate Growth, the NFLPA, and the NFL Retired Players Association. In 2013, at the age of 36, Kline was named to The M&A Advisor’s 40 Under 40 list. Kline was also named to SportsBusiness Journal’s 2016 Power Players List in the Advisory category.
Prior to founding Park Lane, Kline was drafted by the NFL World Champion St. Louis Rams, for whom he played center and quick guard. After retiring from the NFL, Kline became an active investor in the San Diego and Arizona real estate markets and brought sizable returns to investors in his fund. Kline also founded The Australian Surf Academy (sold to Surf Diva in 2004) and The Athletes Agency (sold 49% in 2005). Kline also served as the Chairman of the Athletes for Rudy Giuliani Coalition during Giuliani’s bid for the presidency. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Navy SEAL Family Foundation and is very active in fundraising efforts for Special Forces and Special Operations Forces.
Kline attended San Diego State University, where he majored in Psychology, and the Business Management & Entrepreneurship Program at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. Kline has FINRA Series 7 and 63 registrations.
Some of the Topics Covered by Andrew Kline in this Episode
- What Park Lane does and the different areas they're involved with
- Why Andrew decided to start Park Lane
- Starting a surfing company and real estate company
- Andrew's journey trying to buy the St. Louis Blues
- Helping sell Sidney's Kimmel's stake in the Miami Heat
- Building the team at Park Lane
- Navigating the 2008 financial crisis and how Andrew climbed out of the crash
- Managing a team of high-performers
- How Andrew looks at pursuing new opportunities for his business
- Time management and how Andrew manages his time
- What fuels Andrew today
- Andrew's experience playing for the St. Louis Rams
- The impact of twice-daily mediation on Andrew's performance
Sign up for The Weekly Grind, for actionable insights and stories from successful entrepreneurs delivered to your inbox once per week: https://www.justgogrind.com/newsletter/
Listen to all episodes of the Just Go Grind Podcast: https://www.justgogrind.com/podcast/
Follow Justin Gordon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/justingordon212
Follow Justin Gordon on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justingordon8/