Manage episode 286069526 series 2517361
Here’s the first Freedom Lifestyle Edition of 2021 for you – opening up with my friend, life coach, advocate of natural wellbeing, and speaker of truth and freedom Dr. Laura Hughes. Laura and I met a couple years ago and since then we've been in touch, sharing our passion for empowered living. I've been meaning to have her on my podcast for a while – and here she finally is!
This episode is a continuation of the previous episodes of my podcast discussing freedom and exploring it in these extreme times of outer restrictions and what – hopefully! – turns out to be true change.
We're gonna explore the field of the mind: talking freedom & the power of thoughts – based on the truth that we all have the power to create a better life for ourselves when we choose consciously: be it our actions, our attitude or our thoughts.
This might be even more important these days, where to a lot of us the situation with Covid, the lockdown, and being deprived of our social encounters can feel depressing, de-motivating or even disempowering. It’s crucial that we become aware of our mind power and potential to create positive change, momentum and freedom, so we can ultimately cerate a new and more fulfilling reality.
We talk about:
- Laura’s own freedom story and why she put down her naturopathic medical license
- Her definition of freedom: “Freedom is knowing that in any given moment I can change my life.”
- What we think a free life looks like and why we might end up somewhere completely different
- The connection between our thoughts and our emotions
- Rewiring our brain
- The power of sitting with negative emotions
- Feeling enough & searching for the thing that will make us happy
- Thought work: Laura’s own experience + how we can shift and change our beliefs
- The reality of different realities + how we are restricted by the reality of others
- Insights into Laura’s coaching work + how she coached herself thorugh her divorce
- 3 tips to start shifting your thoughts towards a better mindset
- Life hack from a Lemurian princess: Borrow evidence from others to proof your beliefs true
- The news + how they fit into the bigger game of thoughts
- Get in touch with Laura: website | instagram
- Laura’s podcast + the episodes we talked about: ep. 7 | ep. 9
- Related Freedom Lifestyle Editions: ep. 19: Freedom, Healing, Consciousness with Dr. Catherine Craig + ep. 22: How to uphold our freedom in times of outer chaos with Dr. Marie Belle Pérez Rivera
- My email – say Hi: hello @ kathrinhecht.com
- My newsletter
- My instagram if you wanna follow along
- music (Intro/Outro): Thanks to Analog By Nature. Credits: cdk - Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
Thanks so much for tuning in!