Manage episode 271184564 series 2517361
We talk about: Part 1: Freedom Lifestyle
- How being overworked led him to his freedom lifestyle
- How his perception of freedom changed during Covid and lockdown
- Focusing on less as a form of freedom
- His entrepreneurial spirit: going from longboards and olive oil to trendy, sustainable fashion and accessories
- The crucial difference between working a lot for yourself or working a lot for others
- How the idea for his company Paprcuts was born
- His companies Paprcuts and Badaga
- Sustainability in fashion: How he produces ethical and eco-friendly surf and sports wear from fishing nets and thrown-away plastic bottles
- His mindset of “Just do” – a must-listen for all overthinkers!
- Trailblazing a new, sustainable ‘Made in Germany’
- Anything is possible: Finding great solutions not based on the status quo but on what you wanna achieve
- From his role as employer: Always bring out your best!
- Victim or hero? Empowerment on and from a work level
- Tips on positive mindset from Nils’ employer perspective
- His no. 1 insight: How he keeps his freedom while running a company
- How this secret “ingredient” really helped his companies during Covid lockdown and transitioning into home office work
- The power of people that inspire us & the person who helped him personally to a new perception of the world
- Radical positivity
Part 2: Sustainable consuming & creating sustainable fashion
- True vs. superficial change and the potential it holds
- Improvising and being creative as key to going through Covid times with a positive mindset
- Sustainability: Can we do everything right? Nils’ view on it from both an entrepreneurial and a personal perspective
- His biggest problem when it comes to living sustainably
- His reason and emphasis on regional/European production and selling
- Conscious consuming, sustainable products: What to take into consideration when buying + a whole world that stands behind each product
- Why ‘vegan’ isn’t always the best choice: leather, manufacturing, environmental burden
- Good shoes: How the latest Paprcuts sneakers are produced, which material is used + the “evolution” that stands behind them
- It’s all a process: not looking for the perfect solution, but the best there is
- A glimpse into alternative, eco-friendly fabrics and production chains
- Buying less, emphasising quality
- Process vs. perfection: Doing the best we can, always evolving – must-listen for anyone struggling getting into action or who’s blocked by perfectionism
- His thoughts on a entering the US market
- Inspiration for life after Covid
- Nils’ instagram - here you can also find the links to Paprcuts & Badaga
- Paprcuts website & online shop: https://www.paprcuts.de
- Exclusive rebate code for listeners: ‘kat10’ – get 10% off your purchase at Paprcuts (even on top of the sneaker pre-order deal), valid until September 15, 2020.
- Badaga: https://badaga.de/
- Related podcast episodes: ep. 18 Introduction to the 2. Freedom Lifestyle Series + ep. 9 ‘Freediving as Mirror: Why Relaxing Completely is Key to Inner Freedom with Jesper Stechmann’
- My email if you like to reach out: hello @ kathrinhecht.com
- My newsletter – let's connect!
- My instagram if you wanna follow along
- music (Intro/Outro): Thanks to Analog By Nature. Credits: cdk - Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
Thanks for listening!