Diet Science is a fun 7 to 8 minute weekly program with insights and straight scoops on today's health and diet issues from Dee McCaffrey, CDC. Dee is an Organic Chemist who lost 100 pounds, nearly half her body weight, and has kept it off for 20 years by staying away from processed foods. She's the author of The Science of Skinny, released by Perseus June 2012, and The Science of Skinny Cookbook, which was released December 2014.
Manage episode 277461123 series 2517361
By Kathrin Hecht. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Conversation with Julie M. Gile
We talk about:
- Julie’s passion & work as a brand photographer & why she claims: “Be better, not bigger!”
- How she works to create authentic personal brand images
- The personal stories that build the foundation for brands: “When you're getting involved with peoples personal brands […] that personal fuel sometimes comes from a dark place, a place of hurt.”
- Vulnerabilty in personal brand stories
- Deep-dive into Julie’s own touching personal story & what made her pick up the camera for the first time
- “I ran away from my story for a very long time. […] When I started embracing it, so many things fell into place.”
- How our own story connects with others
- Internal struggles: Which parts of our stories to share and which not?
- How do we define our limits?
- Why Julie left her corporate job after an earth-shattering happening
- Why human connection is so important to her
- Creativity and why you don’t neccessarily have to follow a certain structure and ideal of growth
- It’s possible to create a brand based on who you really are
- Playing “small” & focusing on the things that matter
- Productivity & success re-evaluated: Success has many forms
- Questioning growth as only factor of success
- Your story as key to connection & sales during lockdown and online-only times
- The importance of white space
- Tips for nurturing your business & building longterm connections
- Building a business based on YOU and not on hustle
- episode page
- Julie’s website
- Her instagram
- Her post on ‘Playing Small’
- Book tip no. 1: ‘The culture of fear’ by Barry Glassner
- Book tip no. 2: ‘The company of one’ by Paul Jarvis
- Related podcast episode: ‘7 Powerful Questions to Ask Yourself Right Now’
- My email if you like to reach out: hello @ kathrinhecht.com
- My newsletter – let's connect!
- My instagram if you wanna follow along
- music (Intro/Outro): Thanks to Analog By Nature. Credits: cdk - Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.