Manage episode 274881008 series 1936378
- News Briefing: South Korea's second-largest chipmaker SK Hynix announced on Tuesday that it has signed a deal to acquire the NAND business of U.S. semiconductor giant Intel Corporation worth nine billion dollars, or ten-point-three trillion won. (Robert Koehler)
- In-Depth News Analysis: Nuclear Engineering Professor Suh Kune Yull from Seoul National University talks about Japan potentially releasing over one million tonnes of contaminated radioactive water from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant into the sea. Professor Suh discusses how the release could affect neighboring regions(후쿠시마 오염수 방류).
- Korea Trending with Lee Ju-young: A South Korean man dies after being administered a seasonal flu vaccination(독감 백신 접종 사망), Premier League's Tottenham Hotspur FC prioritizes a new deal for South Korean winger/striker Son Heung-min(토트넘, 손흥민과 재계약 추진), and US President Donald Trump's controversial remarks on Dr. Anthony Fauci cause quite the stir(트럼프, “파우치는 재앙” 독설).
- Touch Base in Seoul: Cameroonian-French pansori singer Laure Mafo shares how she left a steady job in Paris to master the traditional Korean style of music in South Korea. She also talks about the challenges she faced learning the art.
- Morning Edition Preview with Mark Wilson-Choi: Mark shares an article from the Korea Times that features the poet Kim Yi-deum(김이듬) and her work that won the 2020 National Translation Award(NTA) of the American Literary Translators Association(ALTA). He also shares a piece from the Korea Herald that covers the Online K-Safety Expo 2020.