Manage episode 275071820 series 1936378
- News Briefing: Speaking at the National Assembly’s audit of the prosecution Thursday, Prosecutor General Yoon Seok-youl fought back against Justice Minister Choo Mi-ae, refuting allegations that he is protecting politicians and investigators involved in the Lime hedge fund scandal. (Robert Koehler)
- In-Depth News Analysis Part 1: Andreas Bauer, Korea Mission chief of the International Monetary Fund(IMF), talks about the IMF's outlook into Asian countries with economic activity expected to contract by −2.2% in 2020 but then to grow by 6.9% in 2021.
- In-Depth News Analysis Part 2: Alyssa Leng, a research associate at the Asian Power and Diplomacy Program at the Lowy Institute, walks us through the institute's 3rd annual Asia Power Index that placed South Korea at No.7. She discusses the rankings and factors that determine a country's placement, especially in South Korea's case.
- Korea Trending with Lee Ju-young: A tire shop owner is charged for fraud and property damage after a film surfaces that shows him intentionally damaging a customer’s wheel(타이어뱅크), the Lotte Giants go to great lengths to secure the 18-year-old pitcher Na Seung-yeop(롯데자이언츠, 나승엽), and the 18th Asiana International Short Film Festival(AISFF) launched on Thursday(아시아나 국제단편영화제).
- Explore Korea: Jennifer Chang talks about her experience with the 2020 Jongno Hanbok Festival and shares how we can enjoy the festival through its many online activities and resources made available until the end of the month(온택트 종로한복축제).
- Morning Edition Preview with Mark Wilson-Choi: Mark shares a piece from the Korea Herald that talks about the Korean Film Council(KOFIC) selecting “The Man Standing Next(남산의 부장들)” as its submission for the 2021 Academy Awards for best international feature film.