Manage episode 223354463 series 1435983
This is an absolute powerhouse of a podcast that cuts through all the scientific literature and provides you with information grounded in evidence. We cover topics ranging all the way from adequate protein intake, factors that dictate food satiety, caloric intake and metabolism.
Bio: Menno Henselmans is a scientist, fitness model and online physique coach. He was once a business consultant specializing in advanced statistical data analysis but he traded his company car to follow his true passion in fitness. His background is in science and statistics which inspired him to form the Henselmans PT course. He helps serious trainees attain their ideal physique. He is a published scientific author in Sports Medicine, the highest impact factor journal in exercise science, and peer-reviewer for the Journal of Human Kinetics. Experienced world class coach and speaker. In other words, he knows what he is talking about and backs it up with solid science and numbers.
0:15 - Ketogeek housecleaning, new flavor announcement & design updates
12:11 - How to understand a scientific paper
15:54 - Who are "Intermediatories", "synthesizers" and "revolutionaries"
18:00 - How to figure out which educator, writer or influencer is credible or not
20:10 - Uncertainty of nutrition science & how you can tell if a nutrition study is bunk
30:58 - What is the optimal protein intake for humans?
33:16 - Pros and cons of nitrogen balance and measuring muscle protein synthesis
36:47 - Does food processing impact the thermic effect of food?
39:40 - What does "protein" in scientific literature mean?
42:44 - Factors that drive maximum protein synthesis
47:21 - Why do you look lose muscles so quickly when you take a break from gym?
50:45 - Protein intake, gluconeogenesis and nutritional ketosis
54:31 - Discussion about food satiety & why protein is not more satiating than carbs and fats
1:07:09 - Why consuming liquid calories isn't a smart idea
1:10:49 - How to gather correct information from studies that have conflict of interest
1:18:18 - Why don't all of the extra calories you eat turn immediately into stored fat?
1:23:41 - Why there is no such thing as "metabolic damage"?
Menno Henselmans Links:
- Website & Newsletter Sign Up: https://mennohenselmans.com
- Personal Training Course: https://mennohenselmans.com/online-pt-course/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MennoHenselmans
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/menno.henselmans/
- Shop Energy Pods Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Ketogeek-Chocolate-Energy-Organic-Vanilla/dp/B07B88S36J
- Ketogeek Ghee on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B29HM3D
- Ketogeek Merchandise, Ghee & Energy Pods: https://ketogeek.com/collections
- Ketogeek Newsletter: https://ketogeek.com/pages/sign-up
- Shop Energy Pods: https://ketogeek.com/collections/energy-pods
- Wholesale: https://ketogeek.com/pages/wholesale